Hope you enjoy personal pictures of NAS Pensacola, USS Alabama, USS JFK and more. See "OLDER POSTS" and the Navy SEAL Creed (Code).
Thanks to all who've bought my novels! Your support is very much appreciated!
N O T E : ALL PERSONAL PHOTOS ARE COPYRIGHTED BY THE AUTHOR.
Naval History "Pop" Quiz
Naval history is a subject likely to pop up in almost any advancement examination. How well do you know the Navy's past? (Answers at bottom)
1. Only one Navyman has ever been promoted to the rank of Admiral of the Navy. What was his name?
2. In 1794 Congress authorized the construction of six frigates: Constitution, Constellation, Congress, United States, President, and Chesapeake. Two are still afloat. They are USS Constitution (Old Ironsides) and:
3. Lt. Col. James H. Doolittle was famed during World War II for leading a group of B-25s on bombing missions over Japan from the decks of the carrier:
a. USS Hornet (CV-8)
b. USS Wasp (CV-18)
c. USS Yorktown (CV-5)
4. The two major naval engagements of the Spanish American War were fought at Manila Bay in the Philippines and at:
b. Two hundred miles west of the Spanish Coast
c. Santiago, Cuba
5. Navy Regulations were first written in 1775 by a man who later signed the Declaration of Independence. He was:
a. John Adams
b. Lewis Morris
c. John Burgoyne
1: (b) Dewey
2. (b) Constellation
3. (a) Hornet (CV-8)
4. (c) Santiago, Cuba
5. (a) John Adams