PERSONAL PHOTOS

N O T E : ALL PERSONAL PHOTOS HAVE BEEN COPYRIGHTED BY THE AUTHOR.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

U.S. Military Code of Conduct

The U.S. Military Code of Conduct 
When in Uncertain or Hostile Environments.

Code of Conduct

~ I am an American, fighting in the forces which guard my country and our way of life. I am prepared to give my life in their defense.
~ I will never surrender of my own free will. If in command, I will never surrender the members of my command while they still have the means to resist.
~ If I am captured, I will continue to resist by all means available. I will make every effort to escape and to aid others to escape. I will accept neither parole nor special favors from the enemy.
~ If I become a prisoner of war, I will keep faith with my fellow prisoners. I will give no information nor take part in any action which might be harmful to my comrades. If I am senior I will take command. If not, I will obey the lawful orders of those appointed over me and will back them up in every way.
~ When questioned, should I become a prisoner of war, I am required to give name, rank, service number, and date of birth. I will evade answering further questions to the utmost of my ability, I will make no oral or written statements disloyal to my country and its allies or harmful to their cause.
~ I will never forget that I am an American, fighting for freedom, responsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles which made my country free. I will trust in my God and in the United States of America.

No comments:

Post a Comment